Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe

Monday, January 23, 2012

I have to admit something. I gave myself food-poisoning while making these. Yes, I'm embarrassed to say that I used butter that expired in...2008. I know, I know! In my defense, I didn't realize it until it was two cookies too late! I just yanked the butter out of the freezer without thinking and boy, did I pay for it later! Thankfully, I was the only one affected - if you don't count Matt almost in tears over having to throw away perfectly good cookies. That was painful to watch.

BUT, I later redeemed myself with a second batch that contained butter that was NOT expired. And boy were they a hit! These cookies are SUPER addictive, so prepare yourself for that!




Ingredients:

2½ Cups All-Purpose Flour
½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
½ Teaspoon Salt
1 Cup Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Cup Peanut Butter (Matt prefers crunchy, but either works)
2 Large Eggs, at room temperature
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Reese’s Pieces Candy

Directions:

Adjust oven rack to low center position; heat oven to 350 degrees. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl.

In bowl of electric mixer or by hand, beat butter until creamy. Add sugars; beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes with electric mixer, stopping to scrape down bowl as necessary. Beat in peanut butter until fully incorporated, then eggs, one at a time, then vanilla. Gently stir dry ingredients into peanut butter mixture. Add candies and stir gently until just incorporated.

Working with 2 tablespoons dough at a time, roll into large balls, placing them 2 inches apart on a parchment-covered cookie sheet. Gently flatten each dough ball with the bottom of a glass. Bake until cookies are puffed and slightly brown along edges, but not top, 10 to 12 minutes (they will not look fully baked). Cool cookies on cookie sheet until set, about 4 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Cookies will keep, refrigerated in an airtight container, up to 7 days.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS