The Turtle and the Apple

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Matt has taken being random to the Nth degree. If it was an Olympic event, he'd definitely medal in it. From day one, he has done everything in his power to find the most random, out-of-the-blue statements he can throw at me, just to catch me off guard. He'd be quite proud to know that after 6 1/2 years of marriage, he can still make me go, "Huh???"

This is a prime example of his said randomness - the epitome of his off-the-wall statements. This is his legendary story of The Turtle and the Apple. How it started, I really don't remember, but I'm sure he threw it out there to get a reaction and to make me laugh. It still works today. So, I give you...The Turtle and the Apple.

"Think of it this way - there's a turtle and an apple. The turtle takes a bite out of the apple. This upsets the apple, so the apple starts to eat the turtle. The apple all of a sudden realizes that it's an inanimate object and immediately stops eating the turtle. Now, the turtle's in a pickle - well, really an apple. The turtle then decides to start eating his way out of the apple, but accidentally bites into an apple seed. Because of this fatal mistake, the cyanide in the apple seed kills the turtle.

The moral of the story? When you find yourself in a pickle, be glad you're not in an apple."



 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS