Kids: Burden or Blessing?

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The world sees children as just another financial expense or even a waste of their hard-earned cash, but God sees them as a blessing and a reward (Psalm 127:3). How selfish can we be when we see children as just a strain on our pocketbooks and savings accounts, but don't think twice about buying that new car or tv for ourselves? Yes, children are by no means cheap, but I couldn't think of a better way of "investing" what money God has provided for us and I will happily remain "poor" if it means I have my children. They were given to me by God Himself and I am truly blessed because of it. I wouldn't have it any other way - even if it meant we were able to have a house, a new car, and everything we've ever wanted.

You keep your "stuff". I'll love my kids.

"The poorest nations in the world see children as a blessing. The richest nation in the world, we talk about children in terms of how many we can afford. God help us. [Christians] are dying one generation at a time because we refuse to receive the gift that God wants to bring through the womb." - Pastor Voddie Baucham
(Excerpt from the sermon below.)





 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS