Monday, January 23, 2012

Project 52 - Week 4 - Imperfection
Let me be the first one to admit that I am the more imperfect person I know - bar none.

There is so much about me that just makes me frustrated or sick with myself. So many annoying quirks or sins I keep stumbling over again and again. Some are small inhibitions, but others are debilitating to my relationships and daily life. Either way, sin is sin. And I know what you're thinking - "Not being silly is a sin?!" Certainly not, but for me, I let my self-consciousness get in the way of being silly and having fun with my boys. I end up missing a lot of sweet opportunities to make memories with them because of what boils down to selfishness.

Many people have the misconception that Christians are perfect or think they're perfect - even some Christians believe that, too. It just isn't that way. That is not a practical way to think.

We are sinners by nature; fallen from the womb (Psalm 51:5). There is no self-help book, therapist, or 12-step program in the world that could possibly help us to stop sinning. Nor could any amount of charity, good works, or "Christian duty" save us from condemnation by that sin. Only Jesus' work on the cross. Through Him and and by Him and because of Him I will be seen as perfect when I face a sinless God; earthly flaws and all.

To God be the glory. Please don't stop working on me, Lord.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS