House Progress - Our Room

Sunday, August 21, 2011

First room up - our bedroom. It's getting flooring first, so it was first on the list to paint.

Yuck brown is going bye-bye!

See? Told you. All primered and ready to rock! (Sorry for the blurriness - I was tired and didn't care!)

The next day, Grams and Cher came over to help. Here's Matt and Cher starting on the ceiling.

I've always thought I had the coolest grandma ever. She not only was willing to come over and watch the boys while we worked, but she also entertain them by building them their own "house". Classic.

On goes the teal! I'm in love!!!

I'm also in love with this guy. Don't tell him, though. =)

Starting to put the beige on the other walls.

It's such a yummy combination!

One of my tasks - painting the book shelves. Don't let them fool you. They were a pain in the tush!

"I need a nap, Mom! Take me home!!"

I had to take the boys home at this point, because they were starting to melt.

Came back the next day to see my beautiful finished room!

Ah, I just LOVE it! The shelves have since been put back up, but we still need to get the doors back on the storage "cubbies", the ceiling fan installed, and the carpet replaced. It's going to look MARVELOUS!

Especially with this gorgeous bedding! I know, you're thinking, "She's lost it...", but trust me. It's going to be lovely. =)

FYI: I got a FANTASTIC deal on this bedding. An 11 piece bed-in-a-bag set for $100 + free shipping on Amazon. Can't get much better than that!

I'm trying really hard to get caught up on house updates, but we're either working our butts off or completely exhausted, lately. I will post as often as I can. It's exciting to see this place come alive again!
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS