Tour in Pictures

Monday, August 15, 2011

Well, I didn't get yelled at, so I'm assuming I can show pictures of our house, now.

Now, I will give you the disclaimer that I give everyone who has come to see our new home for the first time: this house needs some love. More specifically (as Cher puts it), it seriously needed us. Here we come to the rescue!

The view as you step through the front door. Let me say this now - we are NOT keeping the hardwood floors. End of story. It would be a pain to fix and it's just not practical for us with two little clumsy boys. So, that being said, the living room part will be carpet and the dining room part will be vinyl.

The window will be replaced (along with the three in the dining room) some time before winter.

The view from the opposite direction. Love our door!

The dining area. I have forever wanted a window seat!!!

Our nice, big bathroom. Well, big to us. You have to understand we're moving from a 900 sq. ft. apartment into a 1,330 sq. ft. house. It feels HUGE to us.

The boys' room, A.K.A "the princess room". Can you tell two little girls once lived here?

I swear it won't stay this way. This room will be transformed into a little boy's paradise, filled from floor to ceiling with all things race cars. Can't wait!

Two sets of book shelves, two closets, cupboards for storage, another window seat, and a built-in toy box. The coolest kid's room ever! It's like it was built just for us.

The storage in this place is amazing. The prior owners did a fantastic job utilizing the space.

Our room. Again, more awesome storage spaces!

The fairy light switch covers are being evicted, by the way.

More shelves. Love it!

My big, beautiful, bright kitchen. It's perfect as-is. Just going to swap the fridge around to another wall out of frame.

This kitchen makes me want to be all Betty Crocker-like. =)

Down the stairs into the mud/laundry room.

Look! A washer and dryer that don't require quarters! And I don't have to share them with my neighbors! Mind-blowing!

Funny story - I was doing laundry here the other night and just as I finished putting the load into the dryer, I immediately turned to ask Matt for more quarters...

Another pink room. Again, not going to stay that was. I detest pink. This will be a guest room/classroom.

Please come visit us, family! =)

More shelves! And a funky closet. They dropped this room so you wouldn't bonk your head on the slanted ceiling, but they had to leave the closet on the same level as the rest of the house.

I love '20's-style houses. They're like a big puzzle.

The boys' fenced (albeit dead) back yard. The wonderful propane grill is ours. It was cemented in (oh, darn) and couldn't be moved.

The house couldn't be more perfect for us and has great potential. We've already started work on it (next post, hopefully) and we're eager to move in in October. Yeah, we still have to wait until our lease is up, unfortunately, but by that time, most (if not all) the rooms will be painted and flooring will be put in and it will be perfect to move into. Some things are definitely worth waiting for. =)
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS