A New Chapter Begins

Saturday, August 6, 2011

A lot of you already know what's going on, and I don't even know if I'm "allowed" to say anything yet due to the sensitive nature of things, but I guess I'll find out soon enough. The key in my last post? It belongs to our new home. Our very own house with our very own yard with our very own privacy. No more inspections. No more harassment. No more cramped spaces. No more speedbumps (if you've ever lived here or visited, you know what I'm talking about). Freedom to do what we want, when we want, how we want without the fear of losing our home or being "scolded". Finally, we have hopefully found some peace. Well, in three months, anyhow. Unfortunately, we're stuck here until our lease is up, but that will give us plenty of time to prepare, move, and clean.

Remember this house? Yep! And it's still just as wonderful as the first day we walked into it. We absolutely love it and we're looking forward to working on it. In fact, we went to Home Depot today and bought paint and supplies, ceiling fans, a ladder, a hose, lounge chairs for our front porch, and a mailbox. Talk about fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants home improvement. I felt like I was just put through a timed shopping spree, having to make some quick decisions on how I wanted each room to look. I'm thankful to have had my aunt with us, because I would have been absolutely LOST without her! This is all very new to us!

Here's our two cart-loads worth of stuff (minus the cute pot - that's Cher's). It was so overwhelming! We're so used to just "window shopping" that I was afraid to start throwing things into the cart!

We are so excited about this new chapter in our lives and are so immensely grateful for what we have been given. God has been so amazingly kind to this little family and has used the people around us to help our dream become reality. He has beautifully orchestrated this event from beginning to end and I'm in complete awe of the countless blessings He has showered us with. Even when things seemed dim, He was there and I trusted Him every step of the way. I knew He was in control of what was meant to happen - house or no house.

The biggest blessing? Our boys have a yard. A space they can run and play and be safe in. We've never been able to give them that and even the thought makes my heart smile.

So, here's to new beginnings and lots of painting. I hope to document our endeavor as we go along, so stay tuned for updates.

May God be glorified!
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS