Monogram Kindle Keeper Project

Monday, August 22, 2011

Sick of my posts, yet? =)

My other Kindle Keeper was too big to begin with and now that it’s been used and abused, it’s stretched out even more. So, I decided to make another one, but with a different design.

I started out chaining 19, sc in 2nd ch from hook, and going around in rounds as if I was making a Folded Potholder. I crocheted in a continuous round until the “pocket” was long enough for my Kindle (about 8”). For the flap, I sc to the “edge” (the edge that matched up with my bottom corner, if that makes any sense) and then sc (back loops only) back to the second “edge”. Then I went back to sc in both loops back and forth (ch 1 at the ends) until I was satisfied with the coverage of the flap. In this case, I had to stop a little short so I could fit my J on the front. As far as the J goes, I just ch until I could make a letter that would fit the space on the front of the pocket, did one row of sc, and then sewed it on. Very simple. I hope. lol I chose to finish off the flap with a blanket stitch and used fabric glue to attach some velcro for the closing.

You may have to go up or down a hook size, depending on how tight or loose you crochet. Or you could try chaining more to start with. I chose 19 because 18 chains equaled the width of my Kindle + 1 ch for turning. It may be different for you.

Feel free to use as you please. It’s really just a simple pocket with a flap. Nothing fancy. :)
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS