Utterly Brain Dead

Friday, August 29, 2008

I had a friend scope out my photos at the fair the other day. She told me that she only spotted four at the time, but no ribbons. I figured since I did so well last year with a crappy camera that I'd do well this year with a nice camera, so I admit I was slightly surprised (not to sound presumptuous). I racked my brain and then it came to me as I was talking to Cher today - I accidentally put them in the ADVANCED amateur class instead of just the amateur class! Oh. My. Word. All that time, money, and energy for nothing. I want to cry. I have a snowball's chance and if I do get anything, it will be a complete miracle. At least I got to enter again this year and pretend to be an advanced photographer.

On that note, in hopes that I can try and "recover" from this blow, my fair prints are for sale if anyone's interested. Some are spoken for already, but they're good quality prints (good paper) and they're already matted. I'm willing to take whatever they appear to be worth.

It just goes to show - having a baby and trying to do...anything...do not mix. He did make my day with this, though (sorry it's dark - he's quick with his smiles, so I had to catch him where he was):
Smiley Boy!
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS