Never-ending Car Issues

Friday, August 29, 2008

Cars hate us. Yep, that's right. If it has four wheels and we're depending on it, it automatically feels the need to give us problems.

As I posted last week, our Taurus is no more. That left us with just the Sable until we were able to get Cher's car when she buys her new one, which is, thankfully, in a couple of weeks. But evidently the Taurus was scheming with the Sable before it met it's untimely demise because now the Sable's leaking coolant. Fantabulous. Are we really that rough on cars or do all things vehicular just have it out for us? I'm so sick of dealing with car problems I could cry...not that it would do anything, but I'd be fulfilling my feminine quota for the day.

Let's pray I make it to Buhl for my doctor's appointment, today.

[Edit] Well, I made it to Buhl and back without incident. I didn't see any coolant, so I'm hoping the puddle I saw yesterday was only over-flow. Here's praying.

On a side note, my doctor's appointment went well. My blood pressure is back to normal (Dr. Dan concluded that I had pregnancy-induced hypertension) and my incision is healing well. He was even nice enough to prescribe some allergy medicine for me (I'm miserable this time of year). I promised to behave myself, as he always tells me "behave yourself!" before I leave. "I don't have any energy to get in trouble with, so don't worry," I told him.

I did stumble across a depressing note in my chart while I was waiting to "check out". I was reading the summary of my labor and delivery and they consider me "morbidly obese". Ouch. Everything else was fine, but that stuck out like a stain on the paper. Can't I be considered "big, but healthy"? It hurt to be labeled as such, but then it motivated me to try harder to lose the weight. Since the plan of walking in the morning flopped when the Taurus died (dropping off and picking up Matt is a pain) and trying to walk in the evenings is near impossible due to exhaustion on all parts, Cher was nice enough to offer to come pick me up so we can walk together in the afternoons. I'm excited about it because we could spend hours just talking, so it should be fun. We might as well be doing something useful while chatting.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS