Christmas Blessings

Monday, December 22, 2008

Well, our wonderful church family has struck again! They came a-knockin' once more with a tote full of food (a whole chicken, potatoes, apples, oranges, rolls, a gallon of milk, etc.), Christmas presents for each of us, and another $25 giftcard from Winco. I started tearing up (as I am again right now) just before Kenny (the guy who was nice enough to drop off both the Thanksgiving and Christmas totes) went to leave. I just wanted to hug him, but I didn't want him to think I was a nut or something. As soon as I closed the door behind him, I dropped to my knees and cried out to God, thanking Him for His wonderful blessings, even when we don't necessarily need them or deserve them. God is good!

Which brings me to my next point. I asked Kenny while he was here, "Isn't there anyone that needs this more than we do? I mean, we're not in that much of need." He told me, "Well, not in our church." "So, we're the poorest ones?" I laughed. "Well...I've been there. I understand." which translated to "Um, yep!". I thought about this later. I never really saw us as "poor". I mean, we don't have a house, a new car, or a lot of cash to waste, but we live within the means that God has provided and we appreciate the things we DO have, especially each other. Even though times do get rough when funds are tight, we aren't any less happy. I guess it's all how you look at it. We may be considered "poor" monetarily and materially, but we are wealthy when it comes to God's grace, love, and mercy and are extremely thankful for our genuine and giving church! Praise God for His many blessings and gifts!

Also, to add to my good day full of blessings, I found out how much we're getting back on our taxes this year. The amount doesn't matter, but thankfully it will be enough to pay off our monster hospital bill and some other bills! Praise again!

"11I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13I can do everything through him who gives me strength." - Philippians 4:11-13
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS