Goodbye '08, Hello '09

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

As I sit here and reflect upon the events of 2008, I have so much to be thankful for - good and bad. I decided to compile a list of this year's blessings in honor of such a great year full of up's and down's; high's and low's:

I'm so thankful for...

1. Robby. Of course he tops the list! Every morning, I'm greeted by his bright, little smile and it fills me with pure joy. I can't remember what my life was like before him and I couldn't live without him. I know I've said this before, but I love watching him grow and learn. What have I done to deserve to be his Mama?

2. Matt. Through thick and thin, he still stands beside me. He is the only thing to get me through my spiritual struggles and learning, the pain and exhaustion of labor and parenting, and the heartache of loss and persecution. He is truly my other half because I would be only half a person without him. I'm also thankful that he gets up and goes to work every morning to provide for his family (even though it's sometimes against his will :)).

3. Sanctification and spiritual growth. I have grown so much in the past year, but only by God's Grace and Conviction. I am no where - I repeat - NO WHERE near perfection and I admit that freely, but with every day and every experience, I learn and grow more and more in the Lord. I pray that I am pleasing and glorifying Him always as a wife, a mother, and, most importantly, His servant.

4. The body of Christ. Although we left The River Christian Fellowship this year, I am still thankful for our year spent with them. I am, however, so very thankful to have found the Magic Valley Bible Church. What a great bunch of people and strong teaching! I have learned much through them and am thankful for the friendships we have made there. We're so thankful for your guidance, charity, and prayers!

5. God's provision and strength. I don't know if I have to really explain this one. When I think "there's no possible way", He makes a way. When I am weak, He is strong. God is good.

6. Time with far away family. We were so blessed to be able to visit our family in Colorado and be visited by my parents from North Idaho multiple times this year; all of which brought us closer together.

7. Lessons in faith, humility, and pride. Yep, I fell on my face and messed up a lot this year, but that's no different than any other year, really. The only difference is what I learned from it. I strayed, I doubted, I was proud, and all landed me right on my face before God. Lesson learned.

8. Car issues. Yeah, I'm even thankful for the stupid, cruddy cars we keep ending up with, but I thank God that we have at least one good one at any given time to get us from point A to B.

9. Monster medical bills. Yes, again, I'm thankful. Even though the hospital is reaming us every month, it's proven to us that we can step up and get out of debt and work towards a house and a new car.

10. Family and friends. I am always thankful for the people in our life. Though differences in beliefs and views may have strained our relationships, we're still holding on, God willing. And when it comes to Robby, everyone has been a huge help and support for us. Thank you!

I could probably think of a bunch more, but this is my top ten. As much as I'll miss 2008, I look forward to 2009 with the hope that it will be just as blessed - good or bad. We have so much to look forward to! Possible trips in May and October to visit family once more, Robby turning one, celebrating six years with Matt, and who knows what. Oh, and many, many more blog posts, of course! :)

My prayer is that everyone has a blessed year to come, filled with hope, joy, love, health, prosperity, and success! May God bless and protect you all!
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS