Still Alive

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I was looking at my blog and realized that my last post was almost a week ago. Wow! Apologies for not keeping up! Things have been more hectic than usual it seems. Like I've said before, this time of year is usually crazy for us with all that's going on, but by the Grace of God, we're hanging on and looking toward the new year when things will slow down, again.

No really big Robby updates. He's rolling all over the place and is fascinated by the Christmas tree. He's rolled over to it on a couple occasions to bat at one of the low-hanging ornaments. I nipped that in the bud before he starts to try to topple the tree over and so far, he's stopped. He's still trying to crawl. He manages to get up on his knees or elbows (never both at the same time), but ends up just flailing around like he's trying to swim. He can get rather frustrated with his immobility, but most of the time, he just enjoys laying on his tummy, surveying his domain on the floor. He's currently enjoying bananas for the first time and loves his "nanners" (I swore to myself I'd never do the baby talk thing...oh well). So far, he has tried sweet potatoes, carrots, and now bananas and hasn't had any qualms or poor reactions to anything, thank God. Matt and I are enjoying watching our little boy grow. It's funny to watch his little personality blossom on what seems a daily basis.

As for Matt and I, it's pretty much just work and parenting. We are, however, growing more and more in our faith and are enjoying learning the Word together. It has definitely made a difference in our marriage. We are becoming very comfortable in our new church and are starting to get more involved with classes and events. We've discussed becoming members of the church and are eagerly awaiting a time when we can get together with the pastor to do so. What a wonderful group of people! We are very thankful to have found them!

Well, there's our current life in a nutshell. I will try my best to keep up on this, but lately that seems to be the last thing on my mind. I love the holidays and all, but I'm always happy to see January, knowing that we can finally come up for air!
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS