Update - Taxes & Drew

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It's been a tad crazy around here as of late. I know that's only about to get worse.

In addition to trying to scramble to get everything prepared for Baby Drew, we've been dealing with some "financial issues", if you will. There was a hiccup with our tax refund, which we thought was e-filed the beginning of February. A few days before we were expecting our refund to be deposited into our bank account, an amount differing from our expected federal tax refund showed up. I didn't think much about it at the time, but still felt it was a little weird. I moved it over to our savings and waited for our state tax refund to come. A day or so later, our bank called. Come to find out, someone else's refund had been accidentally deposited into our account and they needed me to move the money back over to the account it had been originally deposited to so they could withdraw it and send it back to the IRS. Great. Lucky for this gentleman, we hadn't spent the money yet. A couple days later, another odd amount was deposited to our account. I just assumed they had taken care of this gentleman's money and that this was our state tax refund. So, we bought our table. Some time passed and we still hadn't gotten our federal tax refund. I called Cher, who prepared our taxes through a volunteer group. Come to find out, we were smack in the middle of a huge mess up by another tax preparer, who e-filed the other guy's taxes without permission using our bank account number to do it, and that our taxes hadn't even been e-filed yet! Great. So, I had to call the bank again, let them know that they forgot to stop this gentleman's state tax refund from being deposited to our account (which they did, but thought they had), and have them send the amount in question back to the state so this poor guy could get his money - FINALLY. Unfortunately, like I said, it had been spent this time, so I had to clear our savings in order to fix someone else's mistake. Quite frustrating. Thankfully, Cher was willing to spot us some money until OUR (and I do stress "OUR" because this time it better be truly OURS!) refunds come in around March 12th, almost a month later than we were originally expecting our money. What a mess! God has continued to provide despite the mistakes and mess-ups, so our expenses are all covered until next week, thankfully. All parties involved are quite fortunate that they're dealing with honest people! I'm glad it was us and not someone else. I really feel bad for the other guy, who will probably have to wait another month for his refunds to come. Put your faith in man and you'll be disappointed every time. Guaranteed.

Money issues aside, the past weekend proved quite painful for me. I made the mistake of walking part of the mall with my boys and ended up really regretting it. I'm thinking now that it had caused Drew to drop down a bit, causing great pressure and pain for his mother all weekend. Walking was difficult, to say the least. To add to my waddling misery, he spent one night pushing as hard as he could down and then out...down and then out. Over and over again until I was curled up in a ball, crying my eyes out. The next day was even worse. Just walking to the bathroom, which had to occur even more often because of the added weight and pressure to my bladder, was very slow and tear-filled. I spent most of Monday sitting or laying down, only getting up when I absolutely had to. Matt, who had a horrid day at work, stepped up to the plate (no pun intended) and made us dinner (did I mention that I really don't deserve him?). Thankfully today, so far at least, I feel pretty good. As soon as I got up and realized that I didn't have as much pressure pushing down on me and that I could actually walk without crying, I quickly did a couple dire chores before I started to hurt again. I'm going to take it as easy as I can, but there's so much to do still in the next four weeks that I HAVE to get up and do something. Anything! Please pray that Baby Drew lays off Mommy's pelvis long enough for me to get it all done before he gets here. It's crunch time!

A note about my last update on my doctor's appointment - please don't let "Dr. Doom" fool you into thinking I'm falling apart and the baby's in danger. I'm waiting until this week's appointment (Thursday) before drawing any conclusions. I heard from a few other people, who had the "pleasure" of dealing with this woman, that she's notorious for painting incredibly bleak pictures, filled with death and destruction. So, until further notice on the matter - deep breaths. Drew and I are just fine. I appreciate all the prayers and concern, though. Please continue to pray for us.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS