Drew Update - Last Checkup!

Friday, March 26, 2010

Well, it looks as if we're going to coast into D-Day as we hoped for. Of course, we're still four days out, but I don't anticipate anything drastic happening between now and then. I'm sure I just jinxed myself, but here's praying.

I waddled into my appointment incredibly sore, stiff, and sleepy thanks to a walk around Walmart yesterday and a very uncomfortable, restless night last night. I was assured, once more, that it was normal to have pelvic pain - much to my dismay. My blood pressure is steady, but still high. Same with my weight and protein. My non-stress test turned out just fine. Drew was a little "feisty" today and decided to kick angrily at the monitor during the test. I think we're both tired of the current situation and ready for a change for comfort's sake. My fluid checked out perfect again, but even the technician noted just how "crammed" he looks in there. On a side note, I was assured that Drew's legs do in fact bend - the tech showed me his little legs bent underneath his bottom. I felt kind of silly, but I was thankful to see that his legs indeed do bend. After that, I saw the doctor - after quite a wait, as they were behind...again. When the doctor came in, he checked to see if I was dilated. I hate that part. Very uncomfortable. I didn't expect much, either. I only made it to 2cm with Robby and that was with drugs and one harrowing day. As I suspected, the doctor found that I was not dilated whatsoever and I was told that it was for the best that I had my c-section already planned, as I more than likely would have ended up in the same fiasco as last time, minus the induction. I'm glad I planned ahead, too - I'm VERY ready to not be pregnant anymore! The doctor filled out my surgery orders and confirmed my time - 1:50pm on Tuesday. I have to fast eight hours ahead of time and show up at least two hours prior to my surgery.

As I rode the elevator down, it hit me. Everything became very real. In just four day's time, we were going to have a brand new baby boy to snuggle and share. It's not like I haven't been aware of Drew's coming. I'm "reminded" quite frequently with his nudges and kicks. It's just a lot more different this time around, since I know exactly when he'll be coming. With Robby, everything was incredibly up in the air. It's very controlled this time. Vastly different experiences. On the downside, I'm slightly anxious about my surgery. Knowing what to expect is weirding me out a little. I'm not afraid of the "what-if's" so much. Just being aware of everything that's going on. Everything was so rushed with Robby that I didn't have time to think about what they were doing to me. Again, it's going to be vastly different this time. Pray I don't fret about it so much that I end up making things worse. I know God is ultimately in control and either way, things will work out for our good and His glory.

I just want to note - Cher is awesome. Not only was she nice enough to come and watch Robby for me while I was at the doctor's office, but she also washed our dishes, tidied up our kitchen counter, and changed one heck of a poop-bomb diaper (from what I hear). I am very grateful - especially that I didn't have to change that diaper. A big thank you to her for her help!

I'll make sure to update one more time before Tuesday and I hope to update again at the hospital after Drew is born. Here's praying for WI-FI.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS