Drew Update

Thursday, March 11, 2010

This checkup was rather simple - in theory. I went in, they checked my blood pressure (140/90 - it was a hectic morning), weighed me (we won't go there), and then the nurse took me back for a non-stress test. If you're unfamiliar with fetal non-stress tests, basically they have you lay there with a little "trigger" (something that resembles a buzzer from a game show) that you hit everytime you feel your baby move while they monitor the baby's heartrate. It was supposed to only take 15 minutes. All they wanted was four movements in that time period. Simple right? Not for my stubborn children, evidently. 15 minutes turned into 50 minutes, when the little squirt finally decided to play along. Argh. With that over with, I was supposed to go in and have my fluid levels checked (kind of like a Buick, you know) via ultrasound. Come to find out, they were way backed up in the office, so I had to sit and wait for the doctor instead, which took awhile since they were so swamped. Finally, the doctor came in (one I had not met before, but he was really, really nice). He looked everything over and said that everything was looking really good. They just need to continue monitoring my blood pressure closely. He said that the baby looked really active (when he wants to be) and that I would only need to do a non-stress test once a week (more serious cases require multiple times a week) unless things change. He also said that unless I was feeling any cramping or noticed any bleeding, he didn't feel the need to check to see if I was dilated (not that it matters, really). I told him that I was only feeling normal pregnancy discomforts, much to my dismay. With the ultrasound room still filled, I had to wait some more in the waiting room. 15-20 minutes later, I finally got called back. Thankfully, it was just a quick look at the fluid around the baby, which looked "perfect", according to the nurse. She also noted that Drew had finally found his way downward and was no longer breech. Good news, I suppose, but would make sense why I'm waddling around like a geriatric penguin (I had to just for my Facebook friends). My next appointment will be next Friday morning and I was informed that my c-section is still scheduled for March 30th, but they're unsure of the time. I may not know until the day before. Yikes!

That's all I have for you for now. Things seem to be going smoothly for now, so please continue to keep us in your prayers. Just wanna make it to the 30th in one piece!
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS