Pair; App for Couples

Friday, January 4, 2013

I stumbled across a pin on Pinterest about a month ago, promoting an app for couples called Pair. Out of curiosity, I downloaded it to my phone and then set it aside, justifying that, "Matt will think it's silly." I'm brave like that.

First off, what is Pair? Pair is an app for your smartphone or tablet where you can connect in a more intimate way with your significant other. With Pair, you're able to privately and securely chat, send each other doodles or doodle together, send video messages, send a convenient little thought bubble graphic that says "Thinking of you...", or connect via "Thumbkiss". The way the Thumbkiss works is fairly simple. Your other half touches the screen on his/her side, causing a little graphic of a thumbprint to appear on his/her screen and then on your screen. You then place your thumb on the screen and slide up to meet his/her thumbprint, making your phones vibrate and the screen turn pink and then red. You've officially "Thumbkissed"! The concept is very sweet, especially if you're apart and missing them. A more intimate way to connect with your sweetie.

And my husband? He's a good sport and plays along by sending me video messages, greeting me good morning or letting me know he's on his way home. It certainly brightens my day and makes flirting and letting him know I'm thinking about him easy and fun. Thumbkisses are my personal favorite, though. The first time Matt and I tried it, I giggled madly. Matt, disappointed, asks, "That's it? That's all it does?" Men and women; we're different species.

You can read more about Pair here and download the app for your phone or tablet here.

[Edit] They have changed the name of this app to Couple, now.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS