Zippered Hook Bag

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Awhile back, I decided to try one of the new Bamboo Handle Crochet Hooks from Susan Bates. I bought only one, but instantly fell in love with it. It's SOOO comfortable to hold and is a lot easier on my wrist/hand! So, I found a set of 8 (G-N) on Herrschners for a really great price and snagged them! They came in yesterday and I'm stoked! Hey, it's the small things in life!

Made this cute little zippered bag to contain all my hooks! (I was using an old, metal eye glass case that had very sharp edges on it before. Ouch!) I've never made anything with a zipper before, so this was a little adventure in sewing for me. Kind of a pill, but I'm fairly pleased with the imperfect results. It serves its purpose just fine. (Tutorial thanks to See Kate Sew.)

PS - My husband saw it when he walked in the door and asked where I bought it from. Big compliment!
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS