Marshall Boy Quotes

Friday, January 11, 2013

I haven't done one of these in a long time, which is sad because they really crack me up. Enjoy quotes from the boys (mainly Rob) from the past year and then some.

- - -

1/12/12: Proof I can't dance: As I'm "grooving" to my music, Rob innocently asks, "Do you need to go potty, Mama?" Fail.

1/17/12: Rob just woke up in the middle of his nap, yelling, "Drew's not cleaning!!" Evidently, he even dreams about throwing his brother under the bus.

1/17/12: Rob: "I want to have a baby shower sometime." Me: *laughing* "Baby showers are for ladies who are going to have a baby, not little boys who are obsessed with presents and cake." Rob: "Oh."

1/18/12: Rob: "I'm upside-down...I have the hiccups..." Me: "Anything else random you'd like to say?" Rob: "I like beetles."

1/20/12: Today must be random question day. So far, Rob has asked me what starfish feel like and if I've ever seen a cowboy on a horse before.

1/22/12: Matt: "You guys want Oreos for dinner?" Rob: "Yeah!! Oreos!!! *slight pause* What are Oreos?"

1/22/12: Rob: "I have a stupid song stuck in my head!"

1/24/12: The questions are getting more random. Rob: "Have you ever seen a cauliflowersaurus?"

2/15/12: Me: "So, Rob...if I were to make you a blanket, what colors would you want it?" Rob: *excited* "Pink and purple!!" *sigh*

2/15/12: Rob: "I am wonderfully...growed."

2/18/12: Rob: "You can't eat me, Daddy - I'm crunchy!"

2/19/12: Rob: "I make my undies nervous."

2/22/12: Rob: "I'm going to be SO stuffed after this!" Me: "I'd say!" Rob: *long pause* "What are you going to say, Mama?"

2/28/12: My absolute favorite Random Robby Quote to date: "Oh no! The cat's on fire!" FYI - we don't have a cat.

3/6/12: Me: "Hey, Rob. Your *favorite* song is on!" Rob: *disgusted sigh* "I HATE Mikeschair! It's bad-ology! (theology)"

3/12/12: Me (to Rob): "Look at you! You're so skinny! How are you my kid?" Rob: "But I am - Jesus brought me to you!" I admit - this made me tear up a bit, all things considered. He is a very special blessing. :)

3/12/12: Rob: "I heard a monkey outside!" Me: "That was a dog barking." Rob: "Oh."

3/14/12: Drew just came up to Matt and I and said, "Jesus! Cookies!" I fail to see how those two correlate. LOL

3/20/12: Rob: "I'm not crazy; I'm just a nut job." o.0

3/28/12: Overheard while Rob and Drew were dancing to the music. Rob: "We're dancing like girls!" Drew: "Whhhaaattt?!"

3/29/12: While dancing. Rob: "Yeahhhh, baby! I got the moves!" *palmforehead* Thank you, Matt!

4/20/12: Life with boys. Heard from the bathroom: "Mama! I just pooped out food! You better come see this!"

5/3/12: This came out of completely no where. Rob: "I want to pretend to be French. *slight pause* I'm French right now." LOL!

5/9/12: Rob experienced his first "dead limb" (where your leg or arm goes to sleep from sitting or laying on it wrong for a long period of time). He hops down from his seat at the dinner table, flailing his leg around madly, and proclaims, "My leg is broken! My leg is broken! See? Look! It's broken!" LOL

5/30/12: Great. Rob's making up his own jokes, now: "Hey, Drew! What did the horsey say to the other horsey? 'Moo!'" I admit it - I laughed.

5/31/12: This morning, Rob asks for a "pineapple sandwich" for breakfast. After I stop laughing, I tell him, "We're having baked oatmeal for breakfast. I'm not making you a pineapple sandwich." Confused, he asks, "Why? Because we don't have any bread?" *facepalm

6/9/12: Rob: "Bulldozers bull dirt."

6/22/12: Drew has decided that he wants to be potty trained...we'll see how long that lasts. It is kind of funny, though - if he can't "do his business" right away, he shakes his head and says, "Don't work..." LOL

6/25/12: Drew was making my new mannequin say, "Hi! I'm a shirt!" LOL

6/29/12: While watching a kissing scene in a movie, Rob exclaims, "Ew! They're eating each other!" LOL!!

7/2/12: Rob: "There are two things I really like doing; smelling things and helping people."

7/5/12: Rob: "Can I have a snack, please?" Me: "No, you can wait for dinner." Rob: "But I only have time for a snack." Me: *chuckles* "Do you have a hot date tonight or something?" Rob: "Well, while I was sleeping, I was pretty warm. Can I have a snack?"

7/8/12: Matt has the boys convinced that the watermelon they're snacking on is actually brains. Now they're walking around saying, "Mmm! Brains!" Cutest thing ever is hearing Drew say it.

7/11/12: Rob: "...you know, the white car? The Tortoise (Taurus)?"

7/14/12: Overheard: "Birds don't wear socks, Drew. They wear feathers."

7/31/12: Rob: "What's wrong, Mama?" Me: "I'm tired and a little sad, today." Rob: "Do you miss Daddy or somethin'?" Me: "Actually, yes. We haven't seen each other a whole lot lately." Rob *big hug while patting my back* "Well, I will make you feel better."

8/6/12: Rob: "I eat bunnies! You're a bunny, Drew, and I'm gonna eat you!!"

8/7/12: While talking about homeschooling, Rob asks, "Why are kids not allowed to learn about Jesus in school, Mama?" Good question, son. Good question.

8/21/12: Me: "Your dad hates this song." Rob: "You mean our fodder?" Me: "...yes, your 'fodder'."

8/31/12: In response to Drew's nasty diaper, Rob exclaims, "Eww! I wish Daddy were here to see this!!" I will never understand boys.

9/6/12: Rob: "I want a Hot Wheels cake for my next birthday." Me: "I'm not ready to think about your next birthday, Rob. It hasn't even been MY birthday, yet." Rob: "You still get birthdays?" Me: *chuckles* "Yes. Did you think I didn't have birthdays anymore?" Rob: "I thought only little kids had birthdays."

9/13/12: Out of the blue, Rob asks, "Would you cry if I died?" Try explaining "completely devastated" to a four-year-old. I bawled.

9/17/12: Matt: "Say, 'The Bible is inerrant.'" Rob: "The Bible is a carrot." It's like a bad game of telephone when talking to him sometimes.

9/27/12: Rob just told me that he can't wait to grow up, get a girlfriend, and get married. *stupid grin*

10/3/12: Me: "Hey, Rob! Guess what? I get to come to Cubbies with you tonight!" Rob: *blank stare* "...are you sure you're old enough to come to Cubbies?"

10/9/12: A lot of times we'll stomp on the floor to call the boys from their room to the living room (it's just more effective than yelling). Matt stomped to get their attention and finally Drew comes out and asks, "Is that you stompy, stompy, stompy?" in the cutest little voice. Couldn't help but laugh.

10/24/12: Rob: "I'm glad I'm a boy." Me: "Good. It would be expensive to change that."

10/25/12: Rob: "Someday, when we're out of food and we're hungry, I want to go back to Applebee's." Must have made quite the impression on them, because the boys have not stopped talking about Applebee's since Monday.

10/25/12: Watching the original Star Trek series with the boys. Rob pipes up (speaking of Chekov): "Daddy told me about that guy. He [talks] funny, wears a yellow shirt, and has an A (communicator). He's from another city (country)."

11/11/12: Reading "The Magician's Nephew" to the boys. Drew claims that his new name is now Diggory.

11/16/12: Heard from the boys' bedroom: "Spin me faster, Drew! Make me barf!"

12/21/12: Rob just informed me that when he grows up and gets a wife, he wants 12 babies. He's been hanging out with the Graffs too much.

12/23/12: While watching The Nativity Story: Rob: "I'm tired of sins." Me: "Wait until you're older and if you get saved. You'll tire of them even more." Rob: *sighs* "I hope I get saved." Me: "Me, too, baby. Me, too."

1/9/13: Rob: "When I get older and have my own wife, I'm gonna miss you guys." Have I inadvertently taught my son to worry needlessly over things that may or may not happen in the distant future? lol

1/11/13: Rob: "We should have Chick-fil-A tonight!" Me: "But we ate there last night." Rob: "I know, but it's SO GOOD, you could eat there seven times a day!"
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS