Who Are You Again?

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sorry it's been awhile since I posted something other than videos, photos, and shameless plugs. Life seems to be going a million miles an hour and it's hard keeping up, sometimes.

Which brings me to my question - how do married couples do this parenting thing without falling apart? I know most end up getting divorced, which is COMPLETELY out of the question and incredibly sad, but how to do you find time for each other? There's work, changing diapers, cooking dinner, making bottles, church, etc...life in general, but then I stop and look at Matt and he's become more of a co-worker or team mate rather than my husband. Don't get me wrong - our marriage is still sound and stable, but we're just too tired and fried at the end of the day for us time and it's starting to get wearing.

Last night, we attempted to change that. After Robby went to bed, dinner was put away, and tomorrow's lunch was made, we scooted the ottoman over to the couch, gathered up some pillows, popped some popcorn, ran over to the vending machine and got a couple sodas, and sat together with our feet up and watched TV. A simple action, but it made all the difference! Not to sound like a mushy dork, but it was like seeing my husband for the first time in months!

So, once again, I'm reminded that it's the little things in life that need to be appreciated. The hour spent cuddling and laughing with my husband was the best medicine for two tired parents. We love our son dearly, but it amazes me how something so small can be so exhausting! I really hope we can create a trend of setting aside time for just us. We have the bad habit of doing our own thing when Robby goes down, but we really just need to push that aside and make time to spend together, if not to just regroup!

I'm really hoping for some more "TV time" with my honey, tonight. :)
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS