Six Months Old

Friday, January 16, 2009


I have to admit that at first I didn't care for Robby's photo this time around. I tried for two days to get a smile, but no such like from Mr. Somber here, evidently. Looking closer at the one I finally "settled" on, I thought this is Robby right now - non-stop, wild-haired, and is usually found rolling around the living room, screaming at that duck! So, with that in mind, this picture is perfect. I got so caught up in the pressure to take cute photos of Robby that I forgot about the true reason why I do a monthly photo of him - to show his progress in growth and personality for memory's sake. And if he happened to have a wild 'do, with no smile, trapped in his Bumbo to get him to sit still, with duck in hand for his six month photo, then so be it - that'll be the way I will remember him at six months.

So, here's six month Robby. Not quite crawling, but incredibly eager to learn and practice. He can sit up unassisted for a couple seconds at a time. No teeth, yet, but they still bug the heck out of him from time to time. He loves everything that's given to him food-wise and is about ready to move on to the Gerber 2nd Foods. My favorite thing about six month Robby is his playfulness and the way his little face lights up when Daddy comes home to rough-house with him. We are still so very thankful for this little guy!

Oh, and he's wearing his "Tugging on Grandma's Heart" onesie that his Grandma Kathy gave him. Just for all his grandmas! :)
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS