Weekend Wrap-Up

Monday, November 3, 2008

Talk about a busy weekend! Friday was Halloween, so we got together with Rex and Sara and stayed up way too late as usual, but had a great time watching a movie and playing Uno. Saturday, my dad and step mom came to visit us, again. We just hung out and talked, then played a couple rounds of Texas hold'em poker (teaching my step mom, Kathy, was very entertaining). Sunday, my folks were nice enough to give us the morning to ourselves, so we just sat around and relaxed. Then, that afternoon we went to dinner at Gertie's Brick Oven Cookery, which our guests really enjoyed due to it's uniquness. When we got back, we played a couple rounds of Man Bites Dog and Imaginiff, talked a little, and then they left. They should be on the road home at the moment.

Things with my dad have always been a bit...awkward. As a lot of you know, I met him when I was nine, but it has always been really hard for me to get close to him. I didn't know him and of the "dads" that I had in the past, the whole dad image was completely ruined for me. But what we lacked in our relationship he made up for in responsibility and I will always respect him and love him for that (plus, anyone that could survive my mother deserves much respect). As soon as he found out about me, he stepped up and wanted to pay child support. Most "fathers" these days wouldn't even consider doing that much. He hides much behind his gruff exterior and twisted humor, but I'm starting to learn to read between the lines. For a long time, mainly in my selfish, "pre-saved days", I didn't think he cared about me, but now that Robby's here, I see things differently. I see the way he looks at Robby, with such love and adoration in his eyes, and I know that he truly cares for us. Oh, and my step mom, Kathy - she's just wonderful all around and makes a perfect grandma! She adores Robby and vice versa. His little face lights up everytime she's here and she's always a huge help to me when it comes to feedings and diaper changes.

I am proud to have given them a grandson and I'm glad that Robby will know this part of his family. They are genuinely kind, generous, and loving people; a rarity in this world. We are so blessed to have them in our lives.

Okay, enough of the mushy stuff. Here's some more photos taken this weekend:


Robby feeding himself & Kirby "babysitting".
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS