It Must Be Fall

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I feel very Betty Crocker, today. After doing a few chores, I decided to bake some brownies for Matt, who's having a really long, bad day. I wasn't satisfied with that, though, so I decided to try my hand at making bread. I'm thinking about making some cookies, too, but I don't know how much longer Robby is going to stay asleep to allow that. I just want to bake! I don't know if it's just the harvest-time vibe or the preparation for hibernation or what, but I always feel the urge to bake this time of year. There's just something about a house filled with the smell of baked goods that makes the cold weather more bearable.

True, the brownies were from a box and the bread's being made in a bread maker, but it's the thought that counts, right?
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS