Immunizations

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mr. Robert got his shots, today, and I'm feeling like the worst mother in the world. I know it's essential for him to get his shots and disease far outweighs the mild and temporary pain he felt, but I almost started bawling as I felt his little body jolt and then heard the wail of pain come from his mouth. He was a trooper, though. No sooner was it said and done, he stopped crying and started smiling for the nice nurses, again. I would have cried more if I would have just had three needles in me, so he definitely has my respect! He's happily snoozing away in his crib for his morning nap, now. We'll have to keep a close eye on him for the following 48 hours for any reactions, so I'm praying that the next couple days fly by without incidence. He'll be going back for the same set of shots in November, so hopefully knowing what to expect will prepare me for next time.

As a side note, I've been spoiled the past few nights. I hope not to jinx anything, but Robby has slept through the night three nights in a row, now! Hopefully this trend stays!
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS