The Soup That Saved The Day

Thursday, October 6, 2011

I know I said that our home has been a happy one so far, but yesterday it wasn't. Everyone was having a rough day.

It started with rain and gloom, which always makes it tough to roll out of bed. Eventually, I did. I wish I hadn't. The boys' behavior was awful and I couldn't throw them outside because of the cold, wet, and mud, so they were cooped up inside and driving me batty. While battling their boredom, I was battling the urge to just go back to bed. I just couldn't get motivated to do anything. Did a load of laundry and unpacked some things, but just didn't want to do much. Getting more and more impatient and frustrated with things, I decided to get on Facebook to try and zone out and cool off for a bit. It was there I figured out I was stuck in the nursery for Awana that evening - something I was less than thrilled about. "I don't want to be stuck in the minnow tank," I grumbled. (Our currently nursery is small and has a window looking out to one of the classrooms, so it reminds me of something of a fish bowl.) Matt had a rotten day at work, too, so when we all came together, we were all quite surly.

Only one thing seemed to fix it, though - hot potato soup with biscuits! I don't know what it was, but when we all sat down for dinner and dug into that warm bowl of comfort, the mood instantly changed. Thank God for the little things in life!

We all survived the day, unscathed, and had a good time at Awana. Nursery wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, thankfully, and I had non-toddler company to chat with, which was nice. Robby earned his very first award for memorizing all his verses thus far - talk about one proud Cubbie! We ended the evening with a little playtime, put the boys to bed, and then I got to curl up with my love and a bowl of popcorn and some TV. Definitely a good end to a bad day.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS