Arguing With Myself

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I'm holding my finally happy baby, staring down at him lovingly as he's cooing and smiling at me when a little argument starts up in my euphoric little brain...

Yeah, I guess I could have another one of you someday.

Wait. What? Did your brain erase all the trauma from your memory, you idiot?! Were you zoned out to your happy place a little too much for the last two months?! Do you recall the colic, acid reflux, screaming, screaming, and more screaming -- ring any bells?! And don't EVEN get me started on the pregnancy and the cost...

*twitch* Okay, obviously not RIGHT NOW. Way down the road. Like when Drew's two or so.

Somebody get the Raid -- she's been bitten by the baby bug already!

No, no, no! Definitely not right now! I'm just saying that I'm more okay with the idea of having a third child than I was before.

Yeah, you know that thing you got ten hours of last night for the first time in...oh, I don't know...FOREVER? It's called "sleep". You liked it, didn't you?

Of course. It was really nice.

Yeah, kiss that goodbye again.

Yeah, but it's only for the first couple of months.

Yeah, well...you weren't pretty without it for the "first couple of months", were you?

Good point.

Exactly. Still want another one?

...well, it's only temporary!

Oh! Like pregnancy, right?

Well, yeah...

Remember when you thought you'd be pregnant forever?

Yeah, I was hormonal and miserable, but...

Again, not one of your finer moments.

I know, but I was pregnant!

But you were M-I-S-E-R-A-B-L-E. Heartburn. Extreme discomfort. Peeing yourself.

You had to bring that up? Okay, okay. I know, but really...

Shall we talk about the bills that are still rolling in?

*doubletwitch*

Survive the first two years, pay off your tab, and then talk to me.

You're so negative.

You started it.

---

Why yes, I'm crazy. Why do you ask?

DISCLAIMER: Before you all freak out on me, NO - I do not want another baby already. This is purely for entertainment purposes. BUT I am more open to the idea of another child in the DISTANT future, now that we're on the other side of our hard times. For now.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS