Whoa, Slow Down!

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Evidently Robby's made today his official "growing up" day. I wish he would have marked it on the calendar for the rest of us!

First off, he's been SUPER cranky since Sunday and we couldn't figure out why. I had a suspicion that he might be starting to teeth (it can happen as early as three months), but I wasn't sure. Day after day, he was gnawing on his hands and my fingers and screaming like someone had pinched him. Finally, last night we gave him some baby Tylenol to ease his pain and slight fever. Today has gone along like the rest of this week, but now he'll randomly scream out in pain, rub his tongue in and out like he's trying to feel his bottom gums, and pull his head to one side as if he's trying to get away from whatever's hurting him. While peeking into his mouth (trying to fight his squirming and smiling), I thought I spotted two little teeth buds starting to sprout from his lower jaw. I bought him some teething toys last night, but he doesn't care for them cold. And even though they're the smallest ones I could find, they're still way too big for his little mouth. Today he's been awake long enough to be changed, eat, and play for a couple minutes. Other than that, he's been sleeping.

Second, he's learned how to roll over. So far he's done it twice (both times I've tried to do tummy time with him in the past couple days) and can only do it when he has something lifting him up a little. It's a start! I managed to catch him on video today:

Rolling Over

So, as you can see, it's been an eventful day so far. Poor little bugger. He won't let me out of his sight. I really feel for him. Please pray these teeth break soon!
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS