African Flower Kindle Cozy

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I've seen the African Flower motif kicking around the internet a few times, but never got around to playing with it. Then, I found these lovely shades of lime and teal (which are lighter in person) crochet threads just sitting next to each other on the shelf at Michaels. I had to find a project. HAD TO. I know I've made so many Kindle cozies along the way, but what fun to have one made out of cute teal and lime hexagons?

So, I set out to map out a template. Printing off and hand cutting out a bunch of little hexagons, I pieced together what my finished pocket should roughly be shaped like. Then, I set out to making the hexagons (nine full ones, two halves) and then started sewing them together. Which was a bit of a task. Weird shapes going all sorts of directions, aiming for that pocket shape. Thankfully, it didn't take too long with too much fuss. Viola! A pretty little cozy for a Kindle. Again. What? I like making Kindle cozies.


Pocket design loosely based on this (must be logged into Ravelry to view).

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS