Grandma Kathy & Grandpa Roger's Visit

Friday, April 6, 2012

We had a wonderful six-day visit with my folks this week. These people are very, very special to me and I'm so happy to finally have an active relationship with my dad. Him and my step-mom make such awesome grandparents; I wish we had more time with them or less distance between us.

But we made the best of the time we did have and we enjoyed a lot of down time, just chatting, staying up too late and laughing over games, and rough-housing with the boys. A very sweet time.

More after the jump...

Kathy playing "dinosaur" with Rob. She is such a fun grandma - always willing to play and help out.

Drew had a mild obsession with Dad's keys...and Tic Tacs and sunglasses and anything else he could get his mitts on in Dad's pockets.

Ganging up on Grandpa. Don't let the perturbed look fool you. He was loving every minute of it.

See?

Drew was Dad's little shadow the whole time. He really loves his "Da-doe" (grandpa).

We went to Hop 2 It to let the boys play (my big boy included). Lots of fun!

Dad pushed Drew around for a good portion of the time. He might be permanently stooped like that, now.

That face says it all!

Grandma Kathy is one fun grandma!

All four of them playing Candy Land. Drew won, but I'm pretty sure he was cheating the whole time.

I miss them terribly already. For some reason, having my dad tell me, "gonna miss you" while hugging me goodbye last night really hit me. Acknowledgement that he does care means the world to me.

I really want to try to go see them in October. Praying.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS