Craft Room

Monday, March 5, 2012

Matt decided one day to make the spare room into my crafting room. I didn't ask him to do it. I didn't imply it. He just did it. I mean, it's really simple and not perfect, but it means the world to me that he did this all without being asked, just for me. He really wanted me to have a space devoted to my hobbies that I could disappear to. So sweet. And he was frugal about it, to boot! He re-purposed the folding table that was left in the house when we moved in, used a wall shelf we had in the boys' room in the apartment, and bought the stool at a local thrift store for $8. I'm proud of him!

It's really great therapy and nice having some ME time in my own little space where I can work on projects without interruptions. I no longer have to worry about my stuff being in the way, rushing through projects to beat naptime, or the boys fiddling with my stuff. I feel so spoiled!

More after the jump...


My little Lemming "mascot". I made him and his "chick" awhile ago, but I finally have a spot to keep them. Note: His "chick" is next to the other speaker. Balance is important.

Here's my shelf for supplies and whatnot. Also makes a perfect spot for the light over my cutting/work area.

Matt found this great bendy light that is perfect for right next to my sewing machine. At $20, this was the most expensive item purchased for the project. But it's LED, so you get what you pay for. It's really nice and bright!

Fantastic work space for cutting and whatnot. And no more backache while cutting! Woohoo!

Shelves for more of my supplies. Sits perfectly next to my table for easy access.

Finally able to have the ironing board out 24/7 without it being in the way!

The Crazy Carpenter himself. Those power tools were the best present I've ever gotten him! He's been playing handyman all over the house and thanks me every time he finishes a project. I'm glad he's having a good time settling into his "honey-do" tasks.

Eager to spend lots of time making fun things in this room! Matt gives me a hard time about being all domesticated now - I mean, I never in a million years would have thought I would ever WANT a craft room or own a sewing machine. I'm turning into a girl - ACK!

So far, I've made two more Kindle Pouches and this adorable little Patchwork Pincushion. Can I just say that those silly little tomatoes kind of annoy me? The cheap-o one I got with my beginners sewing kit wouldn't willingly take pins, so I decided to make a "squishier" one. This one happily does it's job without resistance. Good pincushion.

Also, I suck at need more practice with small pieces and sewing shapes other than squares and rectangles.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS