Crazy Hat Night at Awana

Wednesday, September 28, 2011


Awana is in full swing and my "baby" boy gets to participate as a Cubbie this year. I'm finally able to volunteer this year, too, so I'm taking pictures for the end-of-the-year slideshow. This time last year, I was stuck at home with a screaming baby, resenting Awana, but actually being involved (and having said baby older and much happier) really has made a difference. It's been a lot of fun hanging out with our church family and watching the kids learn and play. Rob, especially, is all about Awana. He talks about it all week long, asks to see the calendar to see how close Wednesday night is, and loves memorizing his verses. He got his little Cubbie vest tonight and boy - was he cute and proud! Tonight also happened to be Crazy Hat Night, so I whipped up some Mohawk Earflap Hats for Matt and Rob, which were a huge hit.


The cutest Cubbie ever!!!


Rob's Mohawk Earflap Hat. I went off some pictures, but it's my own design. No pattern.

I've turned into one of those scary Awana moms...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS