Running in Sand

Monday, February 21, 2011

Although I obviously know nothing about running, life lately has felt a lot like running in sand. A whole lot of energy exerted with not a whole lot of progress. A lot of days it just feels like I'm just trying to survive until my relief comes. My house is always a mess, I'm completely disorganized, I'm behind on projects, I don't take care of myself and, most importantly, I don't take care of my soul.

One way or another, Bible and study time always gets put on the back burner. How did I get so upside down? Life took over and completely turned me around and now I'm just sitting here disorientated, trying to figure out which way is up.

I feel like I'm stuck in such a "mom rut". The boys demand and take so much from me, I feel as if I have nothing left to give to God. I know I should be giving to Him first and foremost, but I struggle to even remember to pray most days. When I finally get a quiet moment to myself, it's usually very short and all I want to do is...well, nothing! I know it isn't excusable, but is it normal? More importantly, when will it end?

When I was pregnant, I became eager to get my body back. I thought that would happen when the baby was born. I was wrong. Nothing's changed - just a different application!

I really have to get back on track. It's starting to effect everything in my life these days and I'm drained. I really don't know how things are going to be when Matt's gone for a week. It makes me uneasy to think about it.

"The output in your life is in direct proportion to the intake of Scripture truth."
- Bill Shannon, A Passion for Purity, Shepherd’s Conference, 2005, Session #33
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS