Putting Christ Above All Things

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I had to face some hard truths and tough realizations today. It kind of jumped up and smacked me in the face, really. While I won't go into great detail, I will just say that I have been putting a lot of things before Christ when it needs to be the other way around. I've been making idols out of people and things and ignoring the real need in my life - to love Christ more. To make Him more important than anything else that may seem important to me right now. To love Him more than anyone else I may adore or admire in my life. To make Him first in my life above all. If I'm able to do that, by God's grace, everything else will fall in line, and I can hopefully find some peace.

I wanted to share an article by Dr. John MacArthur that helped me find a "game plan" of sorts. It really gives you a great perspective on how things should be.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS