30 Days of Thankfulness

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I was inspired by something a friend of mine posted on Facebook today and I wanted to start a similar project here on Chronicles. Since November brings Thanksgiving, we find ourselves reflecting upon what we are truly thankful for. Usually, this only lasts the day of, as the comforting effects of the Thanksgiving turkey warms our tummies, only to quickly fade away as we are faced with a sink full of dishes, pans, etc. As believers, of course, we should be thankful all year long for God's provision, grace, and blessing, but how often do we actually thank God daily for those things? I challenge both my readers and myself to write down, blog about, or just pray upon one thing a day that you are thankful for until November 30th. I chose to blog mine, of course, and just for a bit of study, I've included bible verses for a reference of sorts.

I realize that I'm four days late on this. I wish I would have thought of it sooner, but if you know me, you know I'm not on time unless I'm late. To start things off, here are four things I'm thankful for:

Days One Through Four

1.) I am thankful for trials and tribulations, as they stretch me and grow me more into Christ's likeness

"But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and its end, eternal life." Romans 6:22

2.) I am thankful that I live in a country that doesn't persecute me to the extent that I'm not allowed to worship freely.

"Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God." 1 Peter 2:16

3.) I am thankful for our loving church family, who have become just that - family.

"For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ." 1 Corinthians 12:12

4.) I am thankful to be redeemed by God's good grace and that I am forever His servant.

"But I have trusted in your steadfast love; my heart shall rejoice in your salvation." Psalm 13:5


What are YOU thankful for?


 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS