My Dream

Friday, October 30, 2009

Usually, those last little dreams you have just before you wake up in morning are completely random. At least, that's my case. However, the dream I had this morning was particularly detailed and deeper than any dream I've ever had. This is how it went.

Matt, Robby, and I were touring an old, dilapidated school along with a large group of people. The building was huge, so I assume it was some sort of university at one time. While touring a part of the building, the ceiling started caving in, trapping many people and ultimately killing them. The rest of us fled into what I assume to be some sort giant, stone foyer, filled with crumbling fountains and statues. The ceiling in this room started to cave in, also. Many people fled, knowing that it would eventually collapse all together, but many stayed behind. While we were of the group fleeing, we stopped and noticed the group that was choosing to stay behind. I thought, Why aren't they running for their lives? Don't they know the ceiling is caving in and they're in danger? Amongst the chaos, I somehow observed that there were three kinds of people in this group; people who were oblivious to the ceiling caving in, people who were too scared to move because the ceiling was caving in, and people who were in denial that the ceiling was caving in. I then told Matt, "We have to try and save these people! We have to get them out!" We ran around the room, yelling out, "You need to get out! The ceiling is caving in and you're in danger! Get out now!", but no one moved. Resolved to the fact that these people weren't going anywhere, I then turned to Matt and said, "If we die, we'll go to Heaven, but if they die, many of them will go to Hell." Matt agreed, seeming to understand where my train of thought was headed. I then spotted a large stage at the far-end of the room and I went and walked onto it. Next, I started preaching to these people, "The ceiling is caving in and all of us will die like the people in the other room. We will all see our Judgement Day. How will God judge you? Will He send you to Heaven or Hell?" I then went through some of the Good Person Test and many of the people were driven to their knees by the Truth. Some people shook their fists angrily at me, cursing and spitting. Others trembled in the corner or ignored me to look at the statues. Nevertheless, I pushed on, praying for the words to say. Just as I finished with repentance and faith, the ceiling gave way. Huge pieces of stone came tumbling down on us, crushing many of the people. I heard people screaming and crying out, scrambling to find safety...

...and then I woke up.

I didn't quite understand the depth of it until I started waking up more. I have never had a dream like this before and it even surprised Matt. I don't want to say or suggest I had some sort of "vision", but I do admit that the subject matter does hit home and it really shook me up and still is even after the fact.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS