Robby's Birthday Party

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Although it is not his true birthday, we celebrated little man's first birthday early with my family today. We might be doing something for just us on his actual birthday (the 18th), but it probably won't be anything more than just spending the day together.

We had a great time eating, talking, and rejoicing for this wonderful year we've had with Robby. He was received lots of new clothes and only one toy (my grandmother restrained herself, as I requested). We then sang to him and let him have at his very first cupcake, but it wasn't what I expected. I expected him to dive right in, frosting and cake a-flyin', but instead he immediately stripped the cupcake of all it's frosting with one hand and then picked off small bites with the other, taking time to savor each morsel. Very anti-climatic. We then let him splash around in his pool for awhile and then watched a movie. It was a nice, quiet evening.

So, thank you to my family, who were nice enough to provide dinner and to help us celebrate our son. It was exactly what I was hoping for and I think Robby really enjoyed himself - gauging by the conked-out child in the backseat on the way home, I think he had a really good time.

Video to come.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS