Update

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I guess if I have the time to redo my layout that means that I have time to post and update.

Where to start...hrm...well, we're going on vacation to visit our Colorado family on Saturday. We're really looking forward to it, since a great-grandma Robby's never met will be visiting there, too. We've rented a car, so it'll be nice to not worry about car issues for once. We'll be there from the 9th-16th. Fun! I can't wait to back in gorgeous Colorado once more.

I was approached once more about helping teach Sunday school, so this time I agreed. We'll be teaching on June 7th and 21st. I must admit - the thought of teaching young ones about something I just barely know myself is a bit unnerving. I'm excited about the opportunity, though. I look forward to learning more about "the basics" of my faith. It's amazing the directions that the Lord is pulling me in. I would have never thought of teaching Sunday school, before! Please pray for our guidance and peace as we explore this new path of spiritual growth.

We're still having a lot of fun with our photography. Matt is growing and learning in leaps in bounds and has continued to astound me with his shots. He especially loves experimenting with our new super macro lens and has started using my polarized filter here and there. We've gained much attention amongst our congregation. Just recently, we were approached and asked to be the photographers for our church's Family Camp coming up in June. They even offered to pay for half our stay - which isn't cheap, considering we'll need a room. Should be fun! I've also gotten requests to do artsy photos for a Christmas gift and family photos from a couple of other families from our church. I've only dreamed of this before! It's not the attention I'm after - I'm just thrilled that I have more opportunities to grow and learn in the art.

As for Mr. Robby - wow. He's grown increasingly more mobile and agile over the past few weeks! He can crawl, change positions, and sit up with no issues, now. I'm so proud of him and continue to be amazed by him. I've been trying to teach him the name of things and he seems to try and say it (i.e. ball is "ba"). His favorite word, of course, is "dada" and will look in places where Matt can be found calling to him ("Dada! Dada!"). He also gave me "five" when told, today - it was so cute! And his dancing cracks me up. He just has so much personality for such a little guy! Aside from his half-a-tooth that makes him cranky sometimes, he's an absolute joy.

I think that's everything for now. I'll more than likely have trip photos to share when we get home, as usual. Stay tuned!
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS