Denver Trip: Days 5-8

Friday, May 15, 2009

Day 5 was uneventful, too, but Matt, Robby, and I went and "kidnapped" Nate from school (when he was done) and took him out for Orange Julius as a treat. Other that, we sat around and did nothing.

Day 6, however, we spent the day at the Denver Zoo. It's been a really long time since I was at a decent sized zoo, so I was actually really looking forward to it! We stayed there for quite awhile, looking at all the animals and snapping a total of 290 photos along the way. We stopped for lunch at the cars mid-day and then continued on until it was time to go pick up Nate and Sarah from school. Upon arriving back to our cars, exhausted, we were shocked to discover that someone had backed into our rental car and took off without so much as an apology or anything. Thankfully, I still had my camera strapped around my neck, so I took photos to use as evidence as Matt and everyone tried to figure out what to do. Unfortunately, the incident happened on private property and the police wouldn't of been able to do anything about it. When we got back to Mom and Dad's we called our insurance company to report it, only to find that our insurance wasn't going to cover any of the damages and we would have to foot the bill. I'm trying to remain faithful and trust that God's Glory will be shone through this situation and that He will be merciful and provide the funds needed to pay for the repairs. Here's praying.

Today, Nate and Sarah took the day off from school and we went to our favorite store, The Wizard's Chest. I ended up talking Dad into buying Imaginiff, a fun board game we have at home. I thought it would be a good game for the family to play before we have to leave tomorrow. Yeah, we leave tomorrow. It stinks, but it had to end sometime, you know. It's been a pretty good visit and we look forward to our next visit with everyone. My next post will be from "wonderful" Twinky Falls. Yay.

[Edit] Imaginiff was a big hit!
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS