Chicken Pot Pie Recipe

Saturday, July 27, 2013

I searched high and low for a good, classic Chicken Pot Pie recipe. It's just something I've never made before (Banquet frozen ones don't count) and it just sounded good. I finally decided to go out on a limb and try this one, mainly because of the number of good reviews it received. I'm sure glad I did -- this is simply the best! The boys often request it for dinner and it goes so fast, I have to make two to keep all my men full and happy. Cozy comfort food.
 

Chicken Pot Pie
Adapted from Cooks.com

1 (10 oz) can cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed (corn, peas, carrots, green beans)
1 1/2 cups chicken breast, cooked and cubed
3/4 cup chicken broth
3 tablespoons flour
2 pie crusts (I prefer Pillsbury)


1. Preheat oven to 400°.

2. Mix together soup, vegetables, and chicken. In separate bowl, combine together broth and flour. Add to the soup, vegetable, and chicken mixture. Stir until combined.

3. Press one of the pie crusts into 9 inch pie plate. Pour mixture into the crust. Top with the other crust, press edges together, removing excess, and crimp with a fork to seal. Cut an "X" in the middle to vent during cooking. (I like to just fold the extra top crust and under the bottom crust around instead of cutting it off. I find it prevents the crust from burning and makes it nice and thick to munch on.)

4. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Wrap edges in foil or a pie shield if they start to burn. Serves eight.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS