Projects

Monday, April 18, 2011

I thought I'd show the reason for my lack of "real" blogging lately. It's my other love - no, not photography. Crocheting. I'm a shameless yarn addict, now. More often than not, I'm usually found in my favorite chair, counting under my breath, lost in a project. Really, it helps me unwind and have some "me" time, while doing something I truly enjoy. Anyhow, here's a few of my projects that I've finished and what I'm currently working on. If you're on Ravelry, which is my new favorite site, you can find me here.

I made this adorable lamb for my dear friend, Becky, for her birthday. She named her Dotty and she is now the mascot for her blog.

Two little monsters for my two little monsters. :)

This was a commission job for a high school friend. It was a gift for her friend who was having a baby.

I've actually used this pattern for this simple, but lovely scalloped shawl quite a few times, but kept forgetting to take a picture of them before I gave them away. This one was made for Kathy, my step-mom, for a late/early Christmas gift.

This little guy was tough to part with. I made him as a gift for a church friend, who's having a baby in June. Soon after I posted this monkey's picture on Facebook, another friend requested twelve of them - and he wasn't joking. Really need to get on that. That's a lot of monkeys.

My Kindle needed a home, so I made this girly-looking pocket for it. Also, it's so Matt and I wouldn't get ours mixed up. My own design, even. Simple and it works perfect.

Just finished these tonight. Twin bunnies for twin babies due to a young couple from our church in a few weeks.

This is what I'm currently working on - another ripple afghan, but with a cleaner wave to it. The colors were a happy accident. I would have never chosen them in a million years, but they seem to work and they're starting to grow on me. This will grace our couch - if it ever gets finished.

Can you tell I really like amigurumi? It's almost become an expected gift whenever someone has a baby it seems, but I'm always happy to oblige. Perhaps I should start making them ahead of time. :)

If anyone's interested in any of these patterns, please email me.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS