Rough Start

Monday, March 7, 2011

Drop on a Mum - Twin Falls, Idaho - 2010We said "goodbye" to Matt this morning, as he starts his journey towards the Shepherd's Conference in Sun Valley, California. It was incredibly difficult to let him go. I feel silly to admit that I've bawled my eyes out off and on for the past 24 hours and I barely slept last night - especially since he'll only be gone a week. But dang - it's hard to let someone go when you've never been apart in eight years. You kind of get attached to someone in that time. And boy - do I rely on him! But mostly, I'll miss him dearly. Please pray for travel mercies for the group to and from.

I got another bombshell dropped on me this morning, shortly after Matt left. My second cousin, Laurie, lost her several-year-battle with cancer last night. This came as a shock to me and my family, but it wasn't a surprise. She went into the hospital a week or so ago because of a bad headache and a scan revealed that her cancer had spread everywhere. Hospice was called in to ease her pain at home, but that was on Friday or Saturday. Prayers for my family are greatly appreciated. We're a pretty tight-knit group and Laurie was the hub of us all.

My heart is heavy. Resting in His loving grace today.

"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS