The Hubby Returns

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Well, I survived the week without Matt; shaken, but unscathed. Half the week was like detox and the other was like spiritual bootcamp. I spent the first few days a total trainwreck and the rest facing some sin areas that I had somehow managed to tuck deep inside for a long time. You can only run from God for so long. I learned quite a bit - far more than just the realization that I stink at being a single parent. I learned that I am capable of more on my own that I thought or even dared imagined - only with and by God's grace. But I also realized that I hadn't been trusting Him as much as I should. Sensing a pattern with me, yet? I was forced to trust Him at every turn, it seemed, especially in the times when I was weak and wanted Matt to come straight home. I don't think I would have made it otherwise.

Matt had a blessed time fellowshipping and soaking in as much knowledge as he could take. He related it greatly to drinking from a firehose - lots and lots of information to try to take in all at once. It was an immense blessing that I was able to watch the conference streamed live over the Shepherds' Conference website. It was almost like being able to be there together and we were able to discuss and comment after each session. It also made three days go by quickly, which was nice.

It was a hard week, but needed. We both benefited greatly. Our reunion was very sweet. :)

Matt took Rebbie along (yes, I named my camera) and was able to capture some pretty awesome shots during his time in Vegas and L.A. Please take some time to go wander through his Photostream.

Downtime at The Santa Monica Pier
Taken off the Santa Monica Pier.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS