Car & Camera Update

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Well, we got our car back yesterday. It's back in one piece, I'm happy to report, but our savings (camera fund included) has a $643 hole in it, now. Ouch. The bill was up to $817, but some parts were cheaper than initially thought and the mechanic told us that the other repairs didn't necessarily need tending to right away. The cost of that repair would be $290, mostly for labor. So, we're going to be getting together with a mechanic friend and see if we can fix it for cheaper. Here's praying we don't do more harm than good.

So, obviously the camera idea still fell through, but I'm one bound and determined woman. I've been scraping together any funds I can get my hands on. I've been trying to sell my prints, my amigurumi critters, and I'm even holding a "Facebook yardsale" as we speak. Just a few unwanted items around the house that I'm offering up to my Facebook friends. So far, I've sold an old stereo, some books, and have had many offers on Robby (jokingly, I posted him for sale, also). At the moment, we're only $197 away from our goal! If anything, I know we'll have enough extra next payday (a week from tomorrow) to cover, so we may possibly be getting it then, Lord willing. We bounced back from our crisis quicker than I thought we would. My hope and goal is to get the camera and learn how to use it before our Church Camp in June. That would definitely be ideal, since all we have now is one SX10 and my pocket camera, the A2000. Since we've been asked to do the photography again this year, I want to be able to provide quality shots for them and if I have the chance to do it with a better camera, I'm definitely going to jump on the chance. Plus, it will be fun to really test the new camera's abilities. I'm very excited, but am afraid to get my hopes up again. Silly, I know, but I really do have a passion for the art. Was that a bit obvious? =)
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS