Bounty Indeed!

Saturday, May 22, 2010

My Bountiful Basket contained:

1 head of lettuce
2 cucumbers
3 squash
1 bag of baby carrots
6 avocados
3 oranges
9 peaches
1 bunch of bananas
9 tomatoes
1 container blackberries
1 container strawberries
10 apples
1 coconut

A friend of mine posted this blog post from a blog called My Frugal Lifestyle talking about a site called Bountiful Baskets on Facebook. I was definitely curious, so I took a chance and ordered a basket for $16.50 (there's also a $3.00 newbie fee). Basically, you "claim a basket" (up to three) by ordering with a credit card on their website (create a free account first), find the location nearest you, and go pick it up at the scheduled pick up time (using your own basket - I used a laundry basket). Each basket contains half fruit, half vegetables, all local (as possible) produce. They also offer organic produce if that's your thing and sometimes offer extras like bread and cake. I just ordered one regular basket, no extras, and received a definite bounty! You never know what you're going to get, so I was pleasantly surprised. So worth it! If you live in the Twin Falls area, Bountiful Baskets will be available again in two weeks. Check back then to claim your own basket, but do it quick - they're limited and go fast. I don't know what the schedule is like for other states, but I do know it's limited to Arizona, Utah, Wyoming, Texas, Idaho, Nevada, and Washington.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS