Smooshy-Face Gone Wrong

Thursday, December 31, 2009

If there's an unusual way to injure yourself, leave it to me to find it.

Robby has come up with a new "game" of sorts. I like to call it "smooshy-face". He'll wrap his arms tightly around your neck and press his little face as hard as he can into yours. Usually, I have no problem with this. While he and his dad wrestle on the floor and headbutt each other, Robby and I have our smooshy-face time. Last night, however, smooshy-face time turned sour.

Last night, Rob came over and crawled up onto my lap with book in hand, wanting to be read to as usual. No problem. We read the book and then he decided it was smooshy-face time. So, he wraps his arms around my neck and shoves his body into my face, resembling something like a facehugger from the Alien movies, giggling and wiggling wildly the whole time. This went on for awhile until the worst happens. He pulls away, grabs my head, squares himself up with my face, confuses me with his father for a moment, and goes in for the headbutt at full-speed...

*CRACK*

The sickening noise and feeling of my nose cracking against toddler forehead brings me to tears and makes me say some very colorful, un-Christian words. Setting him down on the floor, I go to assess the damage. I'm afraid to, really. Feeling around, I find that my nose, in fact, is still there. Check. No blood. Check. Oh, but the pain! My whole face begins to throb. Poor Robby this whole time is looking at me with a very confused and concerned look on his face. Matt has Rob apologize to me and he gives me a hug, but he's lost his smooshy-face privileges for awhile.

Whether my nose is fractured or not, I really don't know. If anything, he definitely bruised it. I do know, however, that it still hurts pretty bad today and I'm having difficulty breathing out of it. The bridge of my nose and my cheek bones are still throbbing with pain, despite Tylenol's best efforts. He clocked me good. I've never been punched in the face before, but that's the closest I ever want to come.

Aside from my unusual injuries, I have a Baby Drew update. I went in for another prenatal checkup yesterday. My blood pressure was good, Drew's heart rate was easily found and very strong; although the PA did note, "Wow, he's moving around a lot! Is that normal?" For my children, evidently. Robby never stopped moving. Nothing's changed in the department. Also, my weight-gain is steady and normal. Overall, the visit was very quick and painless. The PA informed me that my appointments will be every two weeks now and my next visit will be my glucose test. Please pray for clarity in this test, even though I passed my first one with Robby just fine. Thankfully, I don't have to fast this time for some reason. Definitely a plus. Two weeks after my glucose test, I will have another ultrasound (on Matt's birthday of all days - and he'll have that week off!), which marks my eight-week countdown. We are definitely getting close! I'm shocked just how fast this pregnancy is flying! We still don't know if this will result in a natural birth or a c-section. We're hoping for a scheduled c-section, since Matt does not get leave like he did with Robby. We're having to try and plan one of his weeks of vacation when Drew is born, which makes me slightly uneasy, but if it's scheduled beforehand, we'll more likely be able to get a more definite plan. Trusting in the Lord that everything will come together somehow.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS