Pineapple Cookies Recipe

Saturday, December 12, 2009

My aunt and grandma used to make these a lot when I was growing up. I just got the chance to make them for myself for our church's Cookie Exchange. They were a hit, as far as I could tell - they were all gone! This recipe is slightly older than I am and before you turn your nose up at the thought of fruit in cookies, don't think "fruitcake". These are definitely NOT fruitcake. To assure you further, Matt loves them...which says a lot.

Pineapple Cookies

3 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 c shortening
1-1/2 c sugar
1 egg
1-1/4 c crushed pineapple (undrained)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In large bowl, cream together shortening, sugar, and egg. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Slowly combine together wet and dry ingredients. Stir in pineapple. Drop teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Makes about four dozen.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS