Mother's Day

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I know Mother's Day isn't until Sunday, but we'll be gone on vacation then, so I thought I'd write now.

It hit me as I was standing at our kitchen sink, washing a sippy cup - I finally get to celebrate Mother's Day. Five sad years of watching the holiday come and go and I finally get to be part of it. No, not because of gifts or recognition. Just the fact of what it means. I am someone's mommy when I never thought I'd ever get the opportunity.

Motherhood has surprised me in many ways, so far; mostly the tolerance and love I have towards our little guy. He has pushed me to my absolute limits at times, but by the Good Grace of God, I am able to get through it and be better for it. I always knew I would love my children, but actually experiencing that love is far beyond anything I could imagine. Just the simple act of crawling over to me and laying his little head against my chest with a giant smile on his face instantly humbles my heart and brings joy to my soul. How fortunate and blessed I truly am to be a mom! I couldn't of found a better, more fulfilling occupation than that of a parent. I thank the Lord every day for my sweet Robby D.!

I also want to wish a wonderful Mother's Day to all the mom's in my life and to all the women who are just as blessed as myself to be someone's mommy!

"Whenever a woman is in labor she has pain, because her hour has come; but when she gives birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish because of the joy that a child has been born into the world." - John 16:21
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS