To Circumcise or Not to Circumcise

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Robby was supposed to get circumcised on Friday, but the doc deemed him "too small" to have the procedure done. He told us to bring him back in a week and hopefully he'll be "more endowed" to have it done, but unfortunately at that point, he'll really be able to feel it. This has sent us into debate on whether to go through with it or not. I wanted to have it done before because I knew it would be cleaner and he wouldn't be embarrassed about it later on in life, but I didn't want to put my boy through that pain. Now that I know that it's definitely going to hurt...badly...I'm really having second thoughts. Is it worth it? Feedback welcome.

[Edit] After much mulling-over, we've decided not to have Robby circumcised. If a medical reason for it arises in the future, we'll deal with it then, but for now it's just not worth it to us or him. With proper guidance on how to take care of himself, he should be just fine. Thank you to everyone who responded.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS