There's a First Time for Everything

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I've always wanted to attempt a blog, but have never really had a reason for it. I have to be the most unexciting person on Earth and have nothing special to write about, but that all changed on November 17th, 2007 when two purple lines informed me that I was about to make a career jump from "homemaker" to "mom". I'm told that the pay isn't great, the hours are brutal, and you may pull all your hair out, but it's considered "fulfilling". We'll have to see.

At the moment of writing this, I am six days away from my due date and quite eager to evict this rowdy little tenant that is to be my son. We've been through a lot together so far - all the kicking, squirming, heartburn, and hormonal meltdowns for the past nine months, but I'm already head-over-heels for the little guy and can't wait to meet him. I'm certain he has to be a nicer fellow in person than the occasional gouge to the side at 1am.

So, here's to new chapters, new beginnings, new adventures, and new insanities. Cheers.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS