Church Camp

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Church Camp is always a blast. Stressful, but a blast. We were really bummed that we couldn't go last year; we had just bought the house and we were too busy and too broke. We almost didn't go this year, either, but I'm glad we did.

Here's our wonderful church family. I just love these people! Can't wait to spend an eternity laughing and making lots of racket with them. =)

More after the jump...

Despite the thick smoke from nearby fires, the scenery was beautiful. Lots of douglas firs and quaking aspens around. Very lovely area just north of Ketchum.

A little river that runs next to the camp. The boys had fun throwing rocks into it off the bridge at the entrance of the camp.

Leaf miner on a quaking aspen. 

Drive through the camp. 

These lovelies were all over the place. 

Quaking aspen trees. 

No clue what this is, but it was beautiful among the greenery. 

Rob and his buddy, Lilly. She's the daughter of one my dear friends, so they play a lot together. 

These two are double trouble! Drew and Caleb were born only about two months apart and they are usually found driving the nursery workers crazy. 

Senor Suave says, "Hola, bonita..."

I had the enjoyment of doing a photobooth this year. I bought a bunch of funny hats, boas, and glasses at our local party store and they were a huge hit! We definitely are a silly group.

After the photobooth, we drove a little down the road and went swimming at Easley Hot Springs. Well, the boys did, atleast. I sat and watched.

 And finally, here's our photobooth picture. Princess Drew and Rob the Builder (as my friend coined him) are my favorites!

Church Camp is tough for us, but we really do enjoy being there with everyone. Our biggest challenge is taking care of the boys AND participating in the activities. Thankfully, a lot of people were willing to help watch the boys and I was able to do the photobooth during naptime. I just hope next year will be easier. I'm still exhausted from playing photographer and mama at the same time.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS